6 Sainsbury’s Taste-the-difference venison sausages
6oz plain flour
2 large eggs
pinch of salt & pepper
6 fl oz milk
4 fl oz water
1. Place sausages in a pyrex / ceramic dish about 15 x 25cm and 3cm deep.
2. Bake at 220 deg C for 20 min.
Meanwhile, make batter by
3. Mix together flour, salt & pepper in a large bowl.
4. Make a well in the centre.
5. Place in the eggs.
6. Begin to whisk on high speed with an electric mixer, the flour will begin to incorporate into the edge of the well.
7. Slowly add in the milk / water whilst mixing.
8. Remove sausages from over. Drain off juice and keep for gravy.
9. Pour the batter over the hot sausages and immediately return to the oven for 20-25 min to complete cooking.
10. Serve with green vegetables and gravy (beef gravy granules + water + juice from step 8).